- 1 lb parsnips
- 1 large red onion
- Salt, pepper and sage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dessertspoon honey Wash and peel the parsnips and cut into wedges.
- Place in a saucepan, cover with cold water, add a little salt, bring to the boil and cook for five minutes, then drain.
- Roughly chop the onions and fry [if possible in an oven proof dish] in the olive oil until soft.
- Add the drained parsnips and make sure they are coated with the oil and onions.
- Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle over the honey. Sprinkle with chopped sage and roast in a hot oven, until golden brown.
© 2023 Copyright Cox Butchers of Crediton